Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Conversation


Having a conversation with a friend is sometimes the thing I need the most when I ponder about life matters. Looking for an answer is one thing, and to hear a different point of view is another. A meaningful conversation is something I truly value, and it does not have to be an hour over the phone, or over a cup of coffee. It can just be along the way back home together from a nearby store.

I search for a friend to have a conversation with, especially when I'm feeling down. Words of encouragement are usually mere words that we already know, but hearing it from somebody else gives some sense of assurance, support and attention which makes it all better.

I find it funny as well that sometimes it's not an ear that I would like to lend from someone. But rather a company to be just right beside me and withstand all my possible frustrated gestures. There was one not-so-fine day where I felt as if I almost failed in everything, when my friend offered me a car ride. That drive to nowhere, chasing after sunset was surprisingly the one thing I could really use at that moment. Just that ride. Speed and silence.

Also, I find that at times, having a conversation with a random barista while grabbing my daily coffee is better than with a close friend. Like it or not, friends who know ourselves too much, judge us too much. Even though that is perfectly normal, to have the purest view over something, it is sometimes best to leave it to a stranger. 






No comments:

Post a Comment